Our Malay Dance group calls themselves Puteri Sri Ayu. The name signifies the gracefulness and elegance of its members. Formed in 1987, our dance group consist of 20 members. We have also engaged an experienced dance instructor who used to work under Som Said Sri Warisan Performing Arts to guide our students in their developing talent. We also provide opportunities for our students to become leaders by providing platforms for them to take up leadership roles within the dance group. The yearly CCA Camp that they attend as well as CIP and enrichment programmes planned for them helps to nurture our students to become independent learners and confident individuals.
In Malay Dance, we would like to develop the students to be graceful and confident dancers with good coordination, showmanship and poise. They also will develop deep interest and appreciation towards Malay culture and performing arts, specifically the different types of traditional and contemporary Malay Dance. The students will also learn to express themselves in the traditional Malay Arts creatively.
Programmes and Activities
- Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation (once every 2 years )
- School performance, e.g. CCA Fair, Cultural Night, Assembly performances
- Public performances
- Inter-school/National competitions
- Enrichment programmes e.g. personal grooming, stage makeup, cultural field trips etc.
- Values in Action Programmes
- CCA Camp
Mdm Najmon Nisha (Overall In-Charge)
Thursdays, 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Fridays, 1:00pm to 3:00pm
2015 - Certificate of Distinction - Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Arts Presentation
2014 - Public/VIA Performance
• Kids in Sports Carnival by Singapore Disability Sports Council
• Health Carnival @ Tampines North Community Club
• Caladium (A Musical) @ SOTA