Every Student Embracing An Active And Healthy Lifestyle.
- Developing Active Students Guided By Values And Empowered With Knowledge And Skills.
Purpose of Physical
The purpose of physical education is to enable students to demonstrate individually and with others the physical skills, practices, and values to enjoy a lifetime of active, healthy living.
Goals of Physical EducationGoal 1: Acquire a range of motor skills to participate in a variety of physical activities.
Goal 2: Understand and apply movement concepts, principles and strategies in a range of physical activities.
Goal 3: Demonstrate safe practices during physical and daily activities with respect to themselves, others and the environment.
Goal 4: Display positive personal and social behaviour across different experiences.
Acquire and maintain
health-enhancing fitness through regular participation in physical
Goal 6: Enjoy and value the benefits of living a physically active and healthy life.
We believe in teaching our students to learn and adopt life-long healthy habits. Physical Education is an integral part of the holistic development of every child. We seek to educate our students on overall fitness and wellness, develop games proficiency and learn important values such as teamwork, resilience and grit through sports.
We strongly believe all East Viewians are able to:
- Enjoy and appreciate a wide variety of sports/games
- Enjoy at least one team and one individual sports/games
- Assess personal fitness and design a personal fitness programme that relates to total wellness
- Demonstrate the spirit of fairplay, teamwork and sportsmanship
- Acquire safe practices during physical activities