East View Secondary School strives to be a significant contributor to education in Singapore. In order to achieve this, we seek to build on the foundation that students have acquired in their primary school years. This includes their language skills, understanding of mathematics and science concepts, as well as communication skills and teamwork. However, we do more than just strengthen this foundation. We provide a holistic learning framework which seeks to promote critical and creative thinking, independent learning and self-reflection in our learners. Our main goal is to develop the student into an empowered individual who will be well-placed to achieve success in life.
East View Secondary School was established on 2nd January 1987 at Tampines Secondary School, occupying 14 classrooms in the afternoon session. The school started with ten Secondary One Classes (4 Express stream and 6 Normal stream classes), which were run by thirteen teachers and four non-teaching staff. After a six-month stay at Tampines Secondary School, the school shifted to its new premises at 3 Tampines Street 42 in June 1987.
On 24 March 1990, the school was officially opened by the late Dr. Tay Eng Soon, Senior Minister of State for Education, and MP for Eunos GRC. To commemorate the occasion, the school donated $1000 to the Community Chest of Singapore and $1000 to the National Kidney Foundation. The school has also contributed to many public events.